Our CCF Core Values highlight what we believe to be important. Each of these values is rooted in what the Scriptures teach about how the church is to be, each of them is therefore focused toward the head of the church, Jesus Christ, and each of them is to be lived out on the basis of the gospel, through the power of the Holy Spirit – to the building up of the church, which is God’s people. These core values together give us guidance, helping to keep us strong, focused, and purposeful in our mission as a church.
- We believe in gathering together weekly in corporate worship, in order to glorify our God as one body.
- We place a strong emphasis on the expositional preaching of the Word of God, to honor God, build up the church and equip us to live the Christian life.
- We desire to be a church that worships in Spirit and in truth, to both behold the glory of God and his truth in our minds and to have it stir up the affections of our hearts.
- We believe the gathered church is called to be faithful and steadfast in prayer both for the world and the church.
- We believe in an open, warm, and welcoming atmosphere, where we enjoy fellowship with one another as we worship together weekly.
- We desire to see all members of our church connected to the community through a small group, in order to see fellowship flourish and manifest deeply in our care and love for each other as we live our lives to the glory of God.
- We place a strong emphasis on applying the gospel to strengthen our marriages and families, raising up our children and young people to be the next generation of faithful Christians.
- We desire to be a church full of those who serve joyfully, creating an atmosphere where we are all encouraged and welcomed to serve God’s church with the spiritual gifts, abilities, time, and resources that he has entrusted to us.
- We place a strong emphasis on discipleship occurring at every level of church life. Our aim is to help each other apply all of Christ and his gospel to all of life, all the time.
- We desire to drive a culture of discipleship and spiritual growth, leading to multiplication in ministry, creating both disciples and leaders, who are equipped with both the knowledge of the truth of the gospel and the practical wisdom to live it out in whatever service God calls them to.
- We believe every Christian, as a disciple of Jesus Christ, is called to represent Christ and proclaim the truth of his gospel to those around them. Our aim is to prepare and equip all members of our church to fulfill this calling.
- We desire to be a gospel-spreading, Christ-exalting church in and for our city of Freiburg and our region, reaching out to the lost with the good news of Jesus Christ, and, as an international church, reaching and welcoming internationals in our city.
- We believe every church is to be a sending church, faithfully taking the gospel of Jesus to all the nations by planting churches. Our aim is to be true to Jesus’ command by sending and supporting those from our community whom he calls into this task.
To the glory of God, we desire to see people in Freiburg and beyond reached with the gospel of Jesus to Christ, to see them become committed disciples of Jesus Christ who worship God, love their church, and serve their city.